RK Rubber Philippines is well-versed in producing various rubber products commonly used in the construction and industrial sectors. Some of the products we make are elastomeric bearing pads, dock fenders, water stoppers, rubber bumpers, and much more. We do not only make rubber, of course; it also includes polyurethane wheels because it is one of the most widely used, especially in industrial and commercial sectors. We are not limited to compound materials; we also use casting elastomers or polyurethane and elastic rubbers to provide a beautiful and cost-effective product for your needs.
A polyurethane wheel is the best replacement for plastic, metal, and rubber tires for industrial or caster applications. Due to its sturdiness and durability, it is the best option for many engineers to their product or equipment to bring long-lasting service to their end-users.
These are the reasons why manufacturers or engineers use polyurethane wheels.
- Has a solvent/chemical resistance – polyurethane wheel has outstanding resistance to any solvents, whether it is an organic or inorganic solvent — for example – oils, alcohol, greases, gasoline, and many more.
- Weather resistance means it can withstand weather conditions such as sunlight, ozone, rain or water, and wind.
- It offers floor protection – widely used in the application, especially in the caster. The polyurethane wheel helps the floor reduce stress and produces less friction to keep it in excellent shape for an extended period. It’s beneficial and a good investment if the flooring is made from expensive ceramic tiles.
- Sturdiness – in RK Rubber, we produce high-quality rubber materials or equipment that can last longer. Polyurethane wheel is not exempted from those high-quality materials, giving excellent performance in high loads components compared to plastic and rubber wheels.
- Noise Reduction is one of the benefits you can get; it produces lower noise than other materials like metal or iron tires — also an excellent shock absorber from any bumps or terrain to make low-level noise.
What are caster wheels and their purpose?
Caster wheels are an essential part of many machines and tools. They help to move heavy objects quickly and with less effort. Caster wheels are attached to the bottom of an object which allows it to move in any direction by turning the wheel. This is because caster wheels have a spherical ball at the end of their shaft to rotate 360 degrees. They are commonly found on office chairs, stools, and shopping carts. Caster wheels work by using the force of gravity to create a rolling motion. This motion makes it easy for someone to push or pull an object with minimal effort.
Polyurethane Caster Wheels
In recent years, caster wheels made from polyurethane have become increasingly popular. Polyurethane wheels are known for their durability and resistance to wear and tear. They are also very lightweight, making them ideal for use in applications where weight is a concern. Polyurethane wheels are less likely to mark or damage floors than traditional metal caster wheels.
It is made of a composite of polyurethane and metal. They are often used in applications where a high level of durability and chemical resistance is required. It can also provide a smoother ride than traditional rubber caster wheels and are less likely to mar or scratch floors. Polyurethane wheels are used in applications where low noise levels are required. They are used in offices and classrooms, for example. They also make an excellent choice for ensuring that furniture and other objects remain securely positioned on floors.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Polyurethane caster wheels are solid rubber molded over a metal core, making them durable and long-lasting. They are also resistant to most chemicals, oils, and solvents. Polyurethane caster wheels can handle indoor and outdoor use, making them versatile for many applications. Their smooth rolling action makes them ideal for transporting heavy loads over long distances. One Disadvantage of polyurethane caster wheels is that they can be expensive compared to other types of caster wheels.
Polyurethane Wheel Quick Details:
Application Type: Automotive, Industrial, Construction, Commercial, and Aerospace
Color: Yellow, Color may vary on the specification
Variants/ Type: Dimensions will be based on the Client’s specifications
Purpose: caster applications, shock absorber, floor protection
This video will show how the polyurethane wheel is being made.
Below are some of the actual products.
OTHER RELATED PRODUCTS
We would love to hear from you! Contact us now and look for Ms. Louise.
Landline : (02) – 8897-6651
Globe: 0915-126-7158 / Smart: 0939-149-6019
Address: #753 Quirino Highway, Brgy. San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City
Landmark: St. John of Beverly, TV5 and SM Novaliches
Facebook Page: RK Rubber Enterprise Co.