The rubber pad is a soft, durable material protecting a machine from vibration and noise. When a device operates, the materials it spins through or the mechanical parts inside create vibrations. These vibrations can translate into noise, affecting human hearing and increasing stress due to high sound levels. The rubber pad absorbs these vibrations and prevents them from turning into noises.
It is also a versatile and sustainable material used in various construction applications, such as underground mining, highway maintenance, and building activities. Rubber pads provide a safe surface to work within these high-traffic areas due to their ability to absorb shock and vibrations. These pads do not use adhesive but rely on their natural tack and friction to hold and prevent movement. They can be manufactured to provide a variety of different properties, such as:
- Resistance to UV rays and chemicals
The many uses of rubber pads make them a practical option when designing a building material or remodeling project.
Benefits of Using Rubber Pad
Rubber pads are an essential part of any home or business. They provide various benefits that make them an ideal choice for many applications.
- Offer superior cushioning
- Shock absorption – reduce the risk of damage to machines from excessive shock or wear-and-tear.
- Sound insulation capabilities – this helps create a more productive environment for employees and customers alike.
- It can be easily cut to fit any machine’s size and shape, making it highly versatile and suitable for all types of machinery.
These versatile rubber pads come in a wide range of shapes and sizes to fit various areas quickly and easily without extensive installation required. Depending on the user’s needs, they can be used as door stops, footrests, floor mats, bumpers, vibration dampeners, gaskets, and more. Additionally, rubber pads are solid yet lightweight with excellent resistance to wear and tear, making them long-lasting investments that need minimal replacement costs over time.
Kinds of Rubber Pad
Several different rubber pads are available today, each with its distinct characteristics and use.
- Elastomeric bearing pads are one type of rubber pad that offer superior vibration-dampening properties for heavy industrial machinery.
- Expansion and multiflex joint filler are two more rubber pads designed to fill expansion joints between concrete slabs or other surfaces.
- Anti-vibration pads provide shock absorption and noise reduction for machines such as air conditioners or refrigerators.
Different Materials Used
- EPDM is a synthetic rubber with excellent heat resistance and weathering properties. It is often used for roofing membranes or window seals due to its durability and chemical resistance.
- Natural rubber is derived from the sap of certain trees and shrubs, which gives it an elastic property making it suitable for wearables like shoe soles or gloves.
- Synthetic rubbers such as neoprene offer higher performance levels than natural rubbers because they can be formulated to have specific properties, such as flexibility or hardness, depending on their application.
- Silicone is suitable for damp environments like kitchens, laboratories, and machines.
Rubber pads are essential in many industries, providing support and protection for machinery and equipment. However, like any other product, rubber pads can suffer from wear and tear over time. There are some tips you should follow to maintain its integrity.
To maintain the quality of your rubber pad, regularly inspect it for any signs of damage or deterioration. Look for cracks or tears on the surface, which could weaken its structure. Additionally, pay attention to the type of environment it is stored in; extreme temperatures can cause cracking or hardening, reducing its effectiveness.
How did it develop over the centuries?
Rubber has been around for centuries, and its development, as we know it today, is a product of experimentation with latex sap. Rubber is made from polymers and was first used to produce elastic surgical tubing in the 1800s. Eventually, rubber was used for bicycle tires and other products such as shoes and clothing. Rubber has been a staple in our culture since it has been well-liked for its durability, versatility, and effectiveness in numerous applications.
Rubber pad has proven to be an essential component in many industrial settings. These pads have become a vital tool in the industry, from providing support and protection for machinery to reducing vibrations and noise. It is clear that their importance should not be underestimated and that their use should be encouraged whenever possible. Investing in rubber pads can help reduce maintenance costs and increase the longevity of machinery and equipment. Overall, rubber pads are an invaluable product that can make a big difference in any industrial setting.
Suppose you’re looking for a high-quality rubber supplier or manufacturer. In that case, you should look no further than RK Rubber Enterprises Co. We specialize in manufacturing rubber products in the Philippines. If you want to know more, kindly contact our sales team.
Below are some of the actual products and applications.
OTHER RELATED PRODUCTS
We would love to hear from you! Contact us now and look for Ms. Louise.
Landline : (02) – 8897-6651
Globe: 0915-126-7158 / Smart: 0939-149-6019
Address: #753 Quirino Highway, Brgy. San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City
Landmark: St. John of Beverly, TV5 and SM Novaliches
Facebook Page: RK Rubber Enterprise Co.