Rubber profiles seal windows and doors to reduce vibration and noise and help them open smoothly. It is widely used in various applications, especially in the manufacturing sector. Some of these applications are placed in air-conditioning systems and sealed in vehicle windows. These are solid extruded parts that offer design flexibility and dimensional stability. They can be made in a variety of different shapes and sizes. We used high-quality compound materials like neoprene, nitrile, silicone, EPDM, synthetic, natural, and Viton.
A rubber-type profile has high corrosion resistance and better sealing properties than a metal or aluminum-type profile. It is more cost-effective, provides low to no maintenance, and has a longer lifespan due to its resiliency. Equipment development, sample supply, inspection, manufacturing, and delivery are included in RK’s services. We are pleased to provide an estimation for your application, no matter how small or big your order is.
The history of rubber profiles can be traced back to the early days of vehicle manufacture. The first rubber profile was used on horse-drawn carriages and later on automobiles. The earliest profiles were made from natural rubber, but synthetic materials are now used. Rubber profiles seal vehicles’ doors, windows, and other openings, protecting against noise, dust, or vibration.
A few key steps must be followed in the manufacturing process to create rubber profiles.
- First, the raw materials must be weighed and mixed to create the desired compound.
- Next, this compound is fed into an extruder, which is heated and pushed through a die.
- After it exits the die, it is cooled and cut to size. Finally, any necessary value-adds are completed, such as adding a sealant.
- Once the rubber profiles are made, they must be sent to a distributor for delivery. It can be delivered in different ways based on the customer’s needs and the transportation method.
Types of Rubber Profile
- Sponge-type rubber profiles – a type of seal used in vehicles. It is made from soft rubber and is designed to seal gaps between two surfaces. It is typically used to seal vehicle doorways, windows, and other openings. Sponge-type rubber profiles are available in various shapes and sizes to meet your needs.
- Solid-type rubber profiles – a versatile and reliable sealing option for multiple applications, from vehicles to heavy-duty equipment. There are many benefits to using solid-type rubber profiles, including their durability and resistance to weathering and wear. It is made from natural rubber, synthetic rubber, and neoprene. They can be customized to meet the specific needs of your application and are available in a wide range of sizes and shapes. If you’re looking for a durable, weather-resistant seal for your next project, consider using solid-type rubber profiles.
- Hybrid-type profiles – a type of seal that is designed to resist both noise and vibration. These seals are typically used in applications requiring sound and vibration isolation. Hybrid profiles are made from various materials, including rubber, foam, and plastic.
- Co-extruded profile is a type of seal made up of two or more layers of material extruded simultaneously. This type of seal is often used in applications where there is a need for a tight seal, such as in food packaging or medical devices. It can be made from several high-quality materials, including rubber, metal, and plastic.
Features of the Profile
- Available in different colors, it may vary on your applications.
- Significantly reduce noise and vibration.
- It has a smooth finish; for better sealing.
- Excellent elasticity
- Very easy to install and replace
- Has exceptional resistance to fluids, gas, and chemicals
- Air and dustproof
- Can withstand any weather condition
You may contact our sales team to learn more about the rubber profile and other customized rubber-related products.
Application Type: Mechanical Engineering, Residential, Commercial, Aerospace, Automotive, Marines, Industrial, Food & Beverage, Agricultural, and more
Materials: EPDM, Viton, Natural Rubber, Synthetic, SBR
Color: Plain back; color may vary on the application
Variants: Sponge-type, solid-type & Hybrid
Purpose: to seal windows and doors to reduce vibration and noise
Below are some of the actual products and applications.
OTHER RELATED PRODUCTS
We would love to hear from you! Contact us now and look for Ms. Louise.
Landline : (02) – 8897-6651
Globe: 0915-126-7158 / Smart: 0939-149-6019
Address: #753 Quirino Highway, Brgy. San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City
Landmark: St. John of Beverly, TV5 and SM Novaliches
Facebook Page: RK Rubber Enterprise Co.