The O-ring or rubber ring is one of the most cost-effective rubber products in various markets. Its standard function is to act as a sealant to prevent leaks such as oil, gas, and other fluids in factory machines that can cause damage. They are commonly used in mechanical, construction, automotive, and other engineering industries. Its shape is round with a simple black design made from multiple rubber raw materials such as silicone, urethane, natural rubber, neoprene, Viton, etc. The dimension and compound materials used in manufacturing depend on the client’s project. Also, many factors need to be considered before creating an o-ring such as machine placement compatibility, operating temperature, operating pressure, client budget, elasticity, environmental factors, and endurance. RK Rubber Philippines ensures that high-grade raw materials are used to create reliable rubber rings and continuously undergo a thorough quality check before packaging.
Please be advised that the products’ dimensions may vary depending on the specifications provided by the clients. For more details about the rubber ring and other customized rubber-related products, kindly contact our sales team.
Metal O-rings Vs. Rubber O-rings
The debate over metal-type rings or rubber rings for sealing has been around for many years. Some people believe that the metal-type ring is the best option because it is less likely to break, while others believe that the rubber ring is the better option because it is more flexible. In our experience as a manufacturing company, the rubber ring is the better option because it is more flexible and can quickly seal around different objects. On the other hand, the metal-type ring is more likely to break and should be replaced if damaged.
The tensile strength of rubber rings is essential when selecting a sealing material. Rubber rings with high tensile strength can withstand greater forces and are less likely to rupture or tear under stress. Factors that can affect the tensile strength of rubber rings include:
- The type of rubber compound.
- The thickness of the ring.
- The manufacturing process.
Rubber rings with high tensile strength are well suited for high-pressure or vacuum applications.
- The manufacturing process of rubber o-rings begins with selecting the proper rubber compound.
- The compound is then mixed with various additives to create the desired properties for the o-ring.
- Next, the rubber is formed into a cord, which is then extruded into a round shape.
- The next step involves the cutting of the o-ring into specific sizes.
- The final process involves a chemical or physical curing process that hardens the rubber to create a durable product.
Features of Rubber O-Ring
- Resistance to wear and tear – can withstand regular use without deteriorating, making them a long-lasting choice for many applications.
- It has excellent resistance to chemicals, corrosion, fluid, and gas.
- It can work with high and low operating temperatures and depends on what raw materials are used.
- Extremely durable – extremely durable, resisting wear and tear. They can be used in various applications, including sports equipment and industrial machinery.
- High tensile strength – able to withstand a lot of pressure without breaking.
- Non-flammable – can be made from different compound materials, including natural rubber, synthetic rubbers, and other materials.
- Cost-effective; compared to metal-type rings
Rubber Rings Quick Details:
Application Type: Aerospace, Automotive, Engineering, Industrial, Food Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Marines, and Construction.
Materials: Nitrile Rubber, Urethane, Synthetic Rubber, Natural Rubber, Viton, Neoprene, and Silicone Materials
Variants: Plain-looking design O-Rings; this may change depending on the specification provided
Purpose: Acting as a sealant to prevent leaks of fluids and gasses from machines.
Below are some of the actual products and applications.
OTHER RELATED PRODUCTS
Civil/Construction Rubber Products
Anti-Vibration Rubber Pad | Elastomeric Bearing Pad | Water Stopper |Wire Stopper
Industrial Rubber Products
Bumper | Column Guard | Footings | Polyurethane Wheel | Ramp | Rubber Block | Rubber Matting | Rubber Rollers | Rubber Suction | Rubber Wheel Chock
Mechanical Rubber Products
Coupling | Diaphragm | Rubber Bushing | Rubber Door Seal | Rubber End Cap | Rubber Gaskets | Rubber Ring | Rubber Tubing
Marine Rubber products
Arch Rubber Dock Fender | D-Type Rubber Dock Fender
We would love to hear from you! Contact us now and look for Ms. Louise.
Landline : (02) – 8897-6651
Globe: 0915-126-7158 / Smart: 0939-149-6019
Address: #753 Quirino Highway, Brgy. San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City
Landmark: St. John of Beverly, TV5 and SM Novaliches
Facebook Page: RK Rubber Enterprise Co.