A silicone hose is composed of a silicone material instead of rubber or PVC. One reason for using a silicone hose is to avoid having a hose that emits toxic fumes from the vapors released from any fluid transported by the hose. Silicone can also withstand temperatures up to 280°C, which means it can go in higher temperature environments than most other materials.
It can be an incredibly versatile product for many applications. It is available in various sizes, colors, and grades, perfect for any project. The silicon is not only durable but also flexible. In addition to its durability and flexibility, the silicone does not have a chemical odor or taste that can harm or contaminate the end consumer’s food products.
It is often used as a coolant hose for engines and transmissions in the automotive industry. Other uses include:
- Fuel hoses.
- Precision airlines for medical devices.
- Water hoses for lawn sprinklers.
Benefits of Silicone Hoses
These benefits make silicone hoses an excellent alternative for businesses that need durable, long-lasting equipment.
- Flexible and have a long life span.
- They are resistant to ultraviolet light and ozone damage, which emit no gases or smelly odor.
- It is lightweight, which makes them easy to handle.
- They do not contain any chemicals that may be harmful to the environment.
- Silicone hoses are a significant improvement on the standard rubber hose. They offer increased resilience.
- Has excellent resistance to abrasion
- Handle high temperatures better than rubber hoses.
- It has a longer lifespan and is less likely to leak.
How to Correctly Install Silicone Hoses
To be safe, always install a silicone hose correctly.
- Begin by disconnecting the old silicone hose from the faucet that needs a new one.
- Next, cut off any excess length to leave around 8 inches of extra hose on either side.
- Push the strain relief over the end of the hose and fix it in place with the metal band and tighten it so it cannot move back and forth.
How to Identify if Your Hose is Faulty
Silicone hoses are used in various products and equipment, such as washing machines and other water equipment. The hose, generally made from either rubber or silicone, can malfunction due to wear and tear. There are three indicators that you may need to replace your hose:
- Water pressure loss
- Change in color
Contact a service center immediately if you notice any of these signs.
The article discusses the benefits of silicone hoses as an alternative to rubber hoses. The silicone hose can withstand high temperatures and is more resistant to abrasion than a rubber hose. It also has a longer lifespan than a rubber hose, saving money on replacement. Compared to a rubber hose, it can be cleaned and sterilized easily and at less cost. In addition, silicone is very eco-friendly, whereas petroleum-based rubber is not friendly. Considering environmental concerns, protecting your business’ reputation is preferable for you in the long run.
Below are some of the actual products and applications.
OTHER RELATED PRODUCTS
We would love to hear from you! Contact us now and look for Ms. Louise.
Landline : (02) – 8897-6651
Globe: 0915-126-7158 / Smart: 0939-149-6019
Address: #753 Quirino Highway, Brgy. San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City
Landmark: St. John of Beverly, TV5 and SM Novaliches
Facebook Page: RK Rubber Enterprise Co.