Silicone Rubber Gasket
A silicone rubber gasket is a type of sealant widely used in mechanical sectors, and it fills the space of two different mechanical parts to prevent leakage. It is one of the critical parts of a machine, and its lifespan depends on it. Once a machine leaks, it will fail and cause severe damage to the equipment, which can cause the company’s low production. Therefore, when making a silicone gasket, it must be polished and use high-quality raw materials. Although, in our experience in this industry, we have never had anyone complain about the silicone gaskets we make, the only clients who come back to us are those for maintenance or need replacement due to several years of use. One of the best features of our silicone rubber gaskets is that the working temperature can reach over 200 ° C, which will maximize its sealing potential to prolong the machines’ lifespan. Therefore, RK Rubber Philippines can meet all the demands regarding quality, quantity, and durability needed to succeed in your goals.
Please be advised that the products’ dimensions may vary depending on the specifications provided by the clients. For more details about the silicone gasket and other rubber-related products, kindly contact our sales team.
Manufacturing process of silicone rubber gasket
Silicone rubber gaskets are used in various industries for their excellent resistance to heat, chemicals, and compression. The manufacturing process of silicone rubber gaskets:
- It begins with mixing the raw materials.
- The next step is vulcanization, where the mixture is heated to create cross-links between the molecules.
- After vulcanization, the gasket is cooled and trimmed to size.
- Finally, it is inspected for quality before being shipped to the customer.
Silicone and Natural Gasket
Natural rubber and silicone are two of the most popular gaskets in many industries. They each have their own unique set of properties that make them ideal for specific applications. Knowing the difference between the two is essential to choose the right gasket for your needs.
There are a few key considerations when deciding whether to use a natural rubber gasket or a silicone gasket.
- Natural rubber gaskets have better heat resistance, while silicone gaskets have better resistance to cold.
- Both materials are good at resisting oil and gasoline.
- However, natural rubber is less resistant to UV light than silicone, so it may degrade faster if exposed. Cost is also a factor to consider, as natural rubber is usually cheaper than silicone.
How to select the right silicone rubber gasket
There are a few things to keep in mind when selecting a silicone rubber gasket:
- Consider the operating environment and temperature range. Will the gasket be exposed to harsh chemicals? Will it be subject to extreme temperatures?
- Take into account the size and shape of the parts. The gasket should be able to fit snugly between them.
- Think about the load-bearing capacity of the gasket. How much pressure will it need to withstand?
- Choose a material that is compatible with the other materials in the application.
- Consult with an expert to ensure you make the best choice for your particular needs.
How to install a silicone rubber gasket
If your car is leaking oil, it may be time to replace the silicone rubber gasket. This is a relatively straightforward process that anyone can do with a few tools and patience. Here’s how to install a silicone rubber gasket:
- First, clean the area around the leak with some degreaser and a rag. This will help the new gasket adhere better.
- Next, remove the old gasket. You may need to use a utility knife to get it started. Once it’s loose, peel it off carefully.
- Now, you’re ready to install the new gasket. Apply a bead of silicone sealant around the edge of the opening, then place the gasket in position and press down firmly. Allow the sealant to cure for 24 hours before starting the engine.
Features of RK’s Silicone Rubber Gasket
- It gives an outstanding sealing potential.
- It can work with low and high temperatures without degrading its sealing performance.
- It has excellent elastic strength but is not close to rubbers’ elasticity.
- It has good wear and tear resistance.
- It can resist up to 250 °C of heat better than the natural rubber
- Works with fluids, ozone, oil, fire, and other elements that rubber cant
- Made from non-toxic, high-quality silicone materials with excellent durability
Silicone Gasket Quick Details:
Application Type: Mechanical, Aerospace, Engineering, and Industrial
Color: Black; it may vary on the specification
Variants: Silicone Rubber Gasket – it may vary on the specification
Purpose: Prevents leakage and prolongs the lifespan of the machine
Below are some of the actual products and applications
OTHER RELATED PRODUCTS
Civil/Construction Rubber Products
Anti-Vibration Rubber Pad | Elastomeric Bearing Pad | Water Stopper |Wire Stopper
Industrial Rubber Products
Bumper | Column Guard | Footings | Polyurethane Wheel | Ramp | Rubber Block | Rubber Matting | Rubber Rollers | Rubber Suction | Rubber Wheel Chock
Mechanical Rubber Products
Coupling | Diaphragm | Rubber Bushing | Rubber Door Seal | Rubber End Cap | Rubber Gaskets | Rubber Ring | Rubber Tubing
Marine Rubber products
Arch Rubber Dock Fender | D-Type Rubber Dock Fender
We would love to hear from you! Contact us now and look for Ms. Louise.
Landline : (02) – 8897-6651
Globe: 0915-126-7158 / Smart: 0939-149-6019
Address: #753 Quirino Highway, Brgy. San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City
Landmark: St. John of Beverly, TV5 and SM Novaliches
Facebook Page: RK Rubber Enterprise Co.