Rubber strips are a common sight in both residential and commercial settings. They are often seen as a way to keep moisture out, but what are they really for? Rubber strips have a variety of purposes, the most common of which is weatherproofing. By sealing off openings where water could enter, rubber strips help to protect a building from the elements. This can be especially important in areas that experience extreme weather conditions. In addition to weatherproofing, rubber strips can also be used for noise reduction and insulation. They can help keep a building insulated and quiet when appropriately installed by blocking sound and air infiltration.
It has an excellent chemical resistance which is why it does not absorb oil or water. We offer both non-adhesive and adhesive strips. Also, it is very flexible and can be cut by an ordinary scissor installed in some tight places or corners. This is to ensure that our clients will maximize the sealing potential of the strips. The strips’ color, length, and width will be available depending on the specifications. For more details about the rubber strips and other customized rubber products, kindly contact our sales team.
Natural and Synthetic Rubber Strips
Rubber is a versatile material that can be used in various applications. When it comes to rubber strips, there are two main types of rubber: natural and synthetic. Each type of rubber has its unique benefits and drawbacks.
Natural rubber is made from latex extracted from a tree’s sap. It is biodegradable and can withstand extreme temperatures. However, natural rubber is also susceptible to UV damage and needs to be treated with a protectant in order to extend its lifespan.
Synthetic rubber is made from petrochemicals, so it is not biodegradable. However, it does not suffer from the same UV damage as natural rubber and does not require any special treatment. Additionally, synthetic rubber can be produced in various colors and textures, making it more versatile than natural rubber. Some rubber strips are made of synthetic materials, such as neoprene, while others are made of natural rubber latex. Synthetic rubber is more durable than natural rubber and can withstand harsher conditions, but it is also more expensive.
- One way to use rubber strips is to place them around the edge of a table or other piece of furniture to prevent it from scratching the floor. For this purpose, the rubber strip should be cut to size and then glued or taped.
- Another way to use rubber strips is as a sealant. For example, if you have a gap between your door and frame, you can put a rubber strip in the gap to prevent air and moisture from entering.
- You can also use rubber strips as a noise-dampener. If you have noisy pipes or appliances, you can attach rubber strips around them to help reduce the noise.
- Gutter and roof sealing (extreme weather conditions)
- Act as anti-slip strips and protects the floor from damage. For example, if your garage door is wet or frozen, you can use rubber strips to prevent it from touching the ground.
- Rubber stripping is also common in automotive applications, where it helps keep the car’s body sealed and insulated from the environment
- For protective linings and bumpers
- General use for mechanical stripping
- Equipment sealing (Marine, automotive, aerospace, constructions)
- Ventilation systems
- Fridge and air-condition sealing
- It can also be employed as a gasket to create a tight seal between two objects.
Tips for using rubber strips
It can be used as a door seal in industrial, residential, and commercial settings to remove noise, dust, and other contaminants. There are several tips for using rubber stripping effectively:
- Choose the correct type of rubber strip for the application. Different rubber strips are available, each with its benefits and drawbacks.
- Measure the gap or opening to be sealed before purchasing the strip. This will ensure that you get the right size strip.
- Make sure that the surface on which the strip will be applied is clean and free of debris. This will ensure a smooth surface for the strip to adhere to.
- Smooth out any burs that are present on the surface. This makes it easier for the rubber strip to stick to the surface.
- Cost-effective with excellent sealing performance
- UV resistant / withstand any extreme weather conditions (may vary depending on the specification)
- It has excellent dust and water-resistant
- Easy to install and replace
- Adhesive/ non-adhesive
- It has a perfect surface finished maximizing its performance
Rubber Strips Quick Details:
Application Type: Industrial, Mechanical, Residential, Commercial, and Aerospace
Material: EPDM, Natural Rubber, Synthetic Rubber, Nitrile, and more…
Color: Black – may vary on the application
Variants: Natural or synthetic variants
Purpose: Multi-purpose sealant for indoor and outdoor applications
Below are some of the actual products.
OTHER RELATED PRODUCTS
We would love to hear from you! Contact us now and look for Ms. Louise.
Landline : (02) – 8897-6651
Globe: 0915-126-7158 / Smart: 0939-149-6019
Address: #753 Quirino Highway, Brgy. San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City
Landmark: St. John of Beverly, TV5 and SM Novaliches
Facebook Page: RK Rubber Enterprise Co.